Saturday, January 23, 2010

San Francisco

When I tell people that I will be working in San Francisco for a week (which I did last week and will likely do 3 or 4 times per year), they tend to react with glee..."ooooh, that sounds so fun!". While it IS a cool place that is very fun, there are big differences in:

  • Living in San Fran
  • Vacationing in San Fran
  • Working in San Fran briefly as a guest
I don't mean to sound ungrateful; I am happy that my SF teammates invite me and that we have an opportunity to get together for cocktails while I'm there. I love staying at the beautiful Omni San Francisco (see lobby pic) with it's luxurious bed.

What I do not like is the all day Monday and Friday airline extravaganzas and the attempt to pack a zillion meetings into the remaining three days. I similarly don't look forward to the backlog of emails and work that went unattended while I had all this "fun". I also would prefer not to spend $200 to board Snickers at the Pampered Pets Inn.  Admittedly, I could get out a little cheaper on that one, but it keeps my guilt in check.

While these trips break up the monotony of my life and give me the opportunity for new experiences, honestly I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment