Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits


Allison is home this weekend and one of her favorites is sausage gravy and biscuits. I have to say that when I was young, I had no desire to eat what looks essentially like (and must be first-cousin to, chemically) Elmer's glue. I didn't like things that made other things mushy, such as that poor biscuit.

I was always suspicious of foods that were white or "creamed". My mother proudly makes these fresh green peas in a cream sauce that make me shudder to this day. Similarly, I do not prefer my corn to be creamed.

So, based on my previous dislike for all thing white and gooey, I am surprisingly now on board with the sausage gravy and biscuits. I'm thinking it's not doing my ass any favors, but it's ok as long as I only do it when Allison arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment